Thursday, August 25, 2011

parked 8.20.11


where: parked, south street seaport, fulton st + water st
who: me + rob + ralphie + milano + geoff + kristen + her parents
beer me: ithaca apricot wheat

The heat and overwhelming amount of tourists aside the Parked food truck festival was pretty awesome.  We snagged an entire table on the stumbled upon Bleekman St and ate great food all day.  I love the Ithaca Apricot Wheat - just a slight fruity hint but an all around great summer beer for ladies and gents alike.



where: mexicue food truck
food me: smoked short ribs tacos + burnt ends chili slider

The smoked short ribs tacos were decent, but I found myself getting more of the cotija cheese than the delicious short ribs people rave about.  Bummer.  The burnt ends chili slide however - amazing.  Sad we only bought one to split - the green chili shined just enough to make it spicy, but not like burning spicy.  Totally hit the spot.



where: gorilla cheese food truck
food me: blt grilled cheese + mac&cheese bites

The bacon and cheese went together so well in the blt it literally melted in my mouth (ba-dun-dun-csh).  They also added grilled onions in it, which typically I would cringe at, but was a great compliment that added just a little sweetness.  I don't think I even have to talk about the mac&cheese bites.  Fried mac&cheese people!  Done and yum.  They surprisingly weren't too heavy - could have ate those all day.



where: red hook lobster pound food truck
food me: lobster roll - maine style

We actually had this same lobster roll the week before, but I had to have it again.  Hands down best lobster roll I have ever had - including up in Massachusetts.  Not too much mayo, just the right amount of seasoning and a whole lot of lobster.



where: big d's grub truck
food me: spicy pork taco + spicy chicken taco + bulgogi (beef) taco

Getting Big D's might have been overkill, but well worth it.  They are basically Asian tacos and basically really good.  It was an overall consensus that the spicy chicken taco was the best.  The mix of mayo - with what we think was chili powder, and cilantro made a great flavor combo.  The cucumber in each taco was also a nice touch to bring down some of the heat. 


nap me: promptly after I went home and fell asleep on the couch - a quick yet effective cure for my food coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment